Sunday 29 January 2012

Research; Analysis of a Previous Student Film Opening: The Rushes

In class we looked at a range of different A level film openings from previous students. I was quite glad with this task because I thought it was beneficial for us to help us prepare what techniques we could do for our own film openings. 


The film opening I will be analysing is The Rushes. I will analyse it in terms of sound, editing, mise en scene and camera.


This is a clip of a previous AS Media Group task work on their thriller opening called The Rushes.



Camera:
I really liked this film opening as I thought the quality of their camera was very good, including the scenes that they shot at the night. This inspired me because I know how hard it is to film at night without it looking quite dark and out of focus. It shows that they used a great camera. They also used various camera effects including one where they used the hand camera in the 5 second footage of the clip. I thought that was a clever thing to do as it showed all the footage happening in that scene showing through the hand camera. The storyline was interesting and engaging for me as a viewer. 


Mise en scene:
There were two scenes in the opening an indoor and an outdoor scene. The outdoor scene was shot at night and overall I thought it was good. It was shot really well, the fact that it was night time was not any problem at all because it was still clear and you could still see what's going on. The indoor scene was dark also but again it has no problem with the footage. 


Editing:
In terms of editing I really liked their credits appearing on a script rather than just appearing on a black screen. It looks great and makes it different to others.


Sound: 
I thought the sound was very good and generally works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment